Areas in northern Gaza have been subjected to an intense Israeli offensive over the past two days. Several homes and a multi-storey residential building in Beit Lahiya on Saturday, 19 October, which has killed at least 73 people. Earlier, on Friday, 18 October, several houses in Jabalia were also hit, killing 33 people, according to doctors and medical officials. Medical officials warned that the death toll from the strikes could increase, as some individuals are believed to be trapped beneath the rubble, and that children were among the victims. Residents of Jabalia said Israeli tanks had moved into the center of the camp, and are destroying dozens of homes each day, using both airstrikes and ground attacks, as well as placing explosives in buildings and remotely detonating them. They also said that communications and internet services had been cut, disrupting rescue efforts. For the past two weeks, Israel has blocked almost all food aid from reaching northern Gaza, leaving around 400,000 Palestinians there with no viable options, according to United Nations aid agencies. Israeli officials have warned remaining residents in northern Gaza will face starvation, or they can follow orders…
Israel Targets Homes and Residential Buildings, Warns Civilians of Starvation if They Don’t Flee
October 20, 2024