News

‘Hasm’ Claims Responsibility for Myanmar Embassy Attack in Cairo

‘Hasm’ Claims Responsibility for Myanmar Embassy Attack in Cairo

Members of the police special forces take their position and guard around the scene of a car bomb blast in front of The High Court in downtown Cairo, March 2, 2015. At least eight people were wounded in an explosion near a top court building in central Cairo on Monday, security sources said. REUTERS/Amr Abdallah Dalsh

The Hasm militant group claimed responsibility, on Sunday, for a small explosion targeting the Embassy of Myanmar in Cairo.

An explosion was heard in Cairo’s Zamalek district on Saturday.

Security sources at the Interior Ministry said the explosion was caused by a butane gas cylinder while Hasm has claimed responsibility saying that “this bombing serves as a warning to the embassy of murderers, killers of women and children in the Muslim Rakhine State, and in solidarity with the sons of this weakened Muslim population,” according to Hasm statement.

No casualties have been reported.

Earlier in September, around 400 people have been killed in clashes between security forces and Rohingya Muslims in Rakhine state in Myanmar, located in southeast Asia also known as Burma, according to the military’s official Facebook page.

The statement said there had been 90 armed clashes including an initial 30 attacks by alleged insurgents on August 25. In response, Myanmar’s military has launched what it called ‘clearance operations’.

The UN estimates that, in just over one week, more than 70,000 Rohingya have fled the escalating violence and about 38,000 have fled into neighboring Bangladesh.

Most of Burma’s estimated one million Rohingya live in northern Rakhine state. They face severe persecution, with the government refusing to recognize them as a legitimate native ethnic minority, leaving them without citizenship and basic rights.

FBI Denies ISIS Responsible for Las Vegas Shooting
Egypt Warns of 'Poisonous Perfume' Believed To Kill Within 3 Days

Subscribe to our newsletter


News

More in News

Baron Palace Will Open its Doors in October 2019

Nour EltiganiAugust 19, 2019

Egypt’s Handball Champions Awarded Just $90 Dollars for Historic Victory by Federation

Egyptian StreetsAugust 19, 2019

Egypt U19 Handball Team Beat Germany to Become World Champions

Egyptian StreetsAugust 18, 2019

This Year’s Round of ‘ProGirls’ Initiative Begins in Cairo and Alexandria

Egyptian StreetsAugust 18, 2019

First Time Ever: Egypt Reach U-19 Handball World Championship Finals

Egyptian StreetsAugust 18, 2019

Cairo University Jumps 100 Ranks in 2019 Shanghai Academic Ranking

Egyptian StreetsAugust 17, 2019

The Sudanese Film Festival Fundraising For the Sudanese People And Their Freedom

Egyptian StreetsAugust 17, 2019

AIDS Patient Dragged Across Hospital Floor and Kicked Out, Perpetrators Investigated

Egyptian StreetsAugust 15, 2019
Egyptian Streets is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Egyptian and Middle Eastern streets, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the region.

© 2017 Egyptian Streets. All Rights Reserved.