News

Egyptian Citizen Accused of Terror Attack on Saudi Arabian Mosque

Egyptian Citizen Accused of Terror Attack on Saudi Arabian Mosque

SaudiFotorCreated

Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Interior revealed that an Egyptian national took part in an attack on a Shiite mosque in Saudi Arabia that left four people dead and 18 others injured.

According to a statement released to the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), 27-year-old Talha Hisham Mohammed Abdo visited Saudi Arabia, where his father works, on a ‘family visit visa’ shortly before the attack.

Talha, who was overpowered by worshipers at the mosque after he opened fire during Friday prayers, is under tight security watch in a hospital where he is undergoing treatment.

The young Egyptian man, whose photograph was released by the Ministry of Interior, attacked the mosque along with Saudi Arabian national Abdulrahman Abdullah Sulaiman Al-Tuwaijiri. The 22-year-old Saudi blew himself up at the entrance of Imam Al-Rida mosque before Talha opened fire on worshipers.

Following the attack, Egypt strongly condemned the “abhorrent attacks that aim to destabilize Saudi Arabia and terrorize its peaceful people.”

Authorities are reportedly searching for a third assailant in the attack. No one has claimed responsibility for the attack, but ISIS has previously been held responsible for similar attacks in Saudi Arabia.

President Sisi Promises Investigation as Football Fans Rally Over Port Said Massacre
North Africa Solar Power Conference To Be Held in Cairo Next Week

Subscribe to our newsletter


News

More in News

Two Christians Killed by Militants in Egypt’s North Sinai amid Growing Attacks on Copts

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 23, 2017

#StopTheWait: Messi Visits Egypt to Promote Affordable Hepatitis C Treatment and Tourism

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 22, 2017

More Visas for Less African Immigrants: Europe’s Offer to Egypt

Aya NaderFebruary 22, 2017

Opening Female Gyms in Saudi Arabia: Saudi Women Unhurriedly Acquire Basic Rights

Toqa EzzidinFebruary 22, 2017

Egypt Agricultural Exports Surge after Currency Float

Seif GhallabFebruary 22, 2017

Russia to deliver 50 MiG-29 fighters to Egypt on Schedule: Report

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 22, 2017

Globally Renowned Consulting Firms to Lead Reform of Egypt’s Ministry of Petroleum

Seif GhallabFebruary 21, 2017

11 Sentenced to Death for Port Said Massacre, Celebrations Held

Aya NaderFebruary 20, 2017
Egyptian Streets is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Egyptian and Middle Eastern streets, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the region.

© 2017 ES Media UG. All Rights Reserved.