News

Saudi Arabia to Invest $US 100 million in Egypt for Solar Energy Projects

Saudi Arabia to Invest $US 100 million in Egypt for Solar Energy Projects

Fawaz Al-Hokair Saudi group is planning to allocate $US 100 million for solar energy projects in Egypt in 2017, according to Al-Borsa news.

General Manager of Fas energy, a firm that belongs to Al-Hokair group, Sabry Asfour stated that they obtained the approval of the Egyptian cabinet to launch a solar power plant in Aswan with a capacity of 50 megawatts.

Asfour added that Al-Hokair group will provide 85 percent of the funding of the project, and will take a loan from one of the Egyptian banks to cover the other 15 percent.

Saudi Fas is one of three companies whose financial modules have been approved by the Egyptian cabinet to launch a number of solar energy plants in Egypt with a total capacity of 150 megawatts.

In March, Minister of International Cooperation and Investments Sahar Nasr announced that Al-Hokair group had considered new investments in Egypt.

Nasr further added that Al-Hokair group is planning to establish three new malls in the new administrative capital.

Egypt Ranks 19 in FIFA Monthly Rankings after Years of Absence from Top 20
Egyptians Outraged as Judge Comforts a 'Repentant' Rapist in Court Instead of Pursuing Justice

Subscribe to our newsletter


News

More in News

Israel Signs $US 15 Billion Deal to Export Natural Gas to Egypt

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 20, 2018

Egyptian Court Adds Former Presidential Candidate Abdel Monem Aboul Fotouh to Terror List

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 20, 2018

Khaled Ali Resigns from ‘Bread and Liberty’ Party After Sexual Harassment Accusations

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 20, 2018

Teenage FGM Rate Declines Amid Ongoing Fight to Stop the Practice Around Egypt

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 19, 2018

Egypt’s Ismailia to Become an ‘Electronic City’ in Attempts to Overcome Bureaucracy

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 18, 2018

Khaled Ali’s Party Acquits Him of Sexual Misconduct Following Accusation

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 18, 2018

Egypt’s Cycling Team Wins the 2018 African Championship

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 18, 2018

Egypt’s Mohamed Salah Scores 30 Goals in 36 Games

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 18, 2018
Egyptian Streets is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Egyptian and Middle Eastern streets, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the region.

© 2017 Egyptian Streets. All Rights Reserved.