News

Egyptian Television Channels Resume Broadcast After Explosion

Egyptian Television Channels Resume Broadcast After Explosion

sisi

A number of Egyptian television channels lost all transmission on Monday night after the explosion of two electric pylons at the Media Production City in Cairo.

The explosion occurred after six bombs were planted to destroy the electricity pylons and impact transmission.

Despite temporarily being cut, transmission resumed as the majority of the Media Production City relies on backup generators.

The Egyptian Electricity Transmission Company said it is currently working on fixing the pylons at an estimated cost of EGP600-800 thousand per pylon.

Following the incident, one of the first targeting the Media Production City since the ouster of President Mohammed Morsi, Egypt’s prosecutor-general ordered an immediate investigation.

Preliminary investigations, the prosecution said, showed one pylon had been destroyed and another was damaged.

Bombs in the past year have often targeted electricity facilities. The government is currently drafting a law that would punish those who target electricity facilities with three years in prison or a five-hundred-thousand Egyptian pound fine.

Egypt Court Rules Homosexual Foreigners Can Be Deported, Banned From Entry
After Houthis Claim Egyptian Soldiers 'Killed In Yemen', Egyptian Military Denies Ground Operations

Subscribe to our newsletter


News

More in News

Egyptian Teenager Kills Mother and Brother to Complete ‘Blue Whale’ Suicide Game Task

Egyptian StreetsApril 22, 2018

Mariam Moustafa’s Lawyer Receives Death Threat, Pressured to Drop the Case

Egyptian StreetsApril 22, 2018

Luxor’s Karnak Temple to be More Accessible for Special Needs Visitors

Egyptian StreetsApril 21, 2018

Egypt Faces 54 Billion Cubic Meters Water Shortage: Minister

Egyptian StreetsApril 21, 2018

Sudden Death of Swedish DJ Avicii Leaves Fans Sad, Shocked

Egyptian StreetsApril 21, 2018

Sudan Protests to United Nations Over Egyptian Voting in Disputed Area

Egyptian StreetsApril 19, 2018

300 Artifacts on Display at the Egyptian Museum for the First Time in Temporary Exhibition

Egyptian StreetsApril 19, 2018

Egypt’s Military Declares IS Leader is Killed in Sinai

Egyptian StreetsApril 18, 2018
Egyptian Streets is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Egyptian and Middle Eastern streets, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the region.

© 2017 Egyptian Streets. All Rights Reserved.