News

Egyptian Killed in UK ‘Arson Attack’

Egyptian Killed in UK ‘Arson Attack’

amb

A 21-year-old Egyptian citizen residing in the United Kingdom, Sherif Adel Habib, died in hospital in the early hours of Monday after suffering severe burn wounds.

Habib, reported British media, was rescued from inside a collapsed garage that had been set ablaze. However, Habib died in hospital where he had been rushed to a specialist burns unit.

According to Egypt’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Egyptian Embassy in London was notified of the death by the Coptic Orthodox Church. The Foreign Ministry said that it is following the case closely and that it would provide legal support to the family of Habib, reported Al-Ahram.

On Monday, British media reported that a 21-year-old was taken to hospital after suffering burn wounds from a “suspected arson attack”. The fire occurred at Cranleigh Gardens in Southall and lasted for several hours.

Shortly after the victim’s death in hospital, the Metropolitan Police’s spokesperson told British media that a suspect had been arrested “on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life”.

The suspect, in his 20s, has since been bailed while detectives conduct further investigations.

Saudi Businessman Kidnapped From Cairo-Ismailia Desert Road
Egypt's Press Syndicate to File Complaint Against Interior Minister Over 'Police Violations'

Subscribe to our newsletter


News

More in News

Daily News Egypt ‘Blocked’ in Egypt

Egyptian StreetsMay 28, 2017

ISIS Claims Responsibility for Egypt’s Minya Attack

Egyptian StreetsMay 27, 2017

Eiffel Tower Goes Dark as World Leaders Condemn Attack in Egypt’s Minya

Egyptian StreetsMay 27, 2017

ISIS Attempts to Erupt Sectarian Violence Between Egypt’s Muslims and Christians: Al-Sisi

Egyptian StreetsMay 26, 2017

Egypt Bombs Terrorists in Libya Following Massacre of 28 Coptic Christians in Minya

Egyptian StreetsMay 26, 2017

Egypt Identifies a 2-Year-Old as the Youngest Victim of the Minya Bus Attack

Egyptian StreetsMay 26, 2017

Daily News Egypt Confirms Technical Issue with the Website

Egyptian StreetsMay 26, 2017

28 Killed, Including Children, in Attack on Bus Carrying Coptic Christians in Egypt’s Minya

Egyptian StreetsMay 26, 2017
Egyptian Streets is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Egyptian and Middle Eastern streets, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the region.

© 2017 Egyptian Streets. All Rights Reserved.