News

Egypt Records Highest Daily Covid-19 Infection Rate With 160 New Cases

Egypt Records Highest Daily Covid-19 Infection Rate With 160 New Cases

Egypt sees the highest daily infection rate with 160 new cases, rising by 6.7%, according to the Ministry of Health. The ministry recorded 14 new fatalities, bringing the total number of infections to 2,350 and the death toll to 178.

Twenty Egyptians have fully recovered and left isolation hospitals on Tuesday. Total number of recoveries has reached 514.

The government continues to implement its partial curfew which runs from 8 P.M. to 6 A.M to contain the quick and sudden rise of infected cases.

At a press conference, it was revealed that Egypt’s Covid-19 fatality rate is higher than the global average, as it currently stands at 7.6%, according to World Health Organization Egypt representative Dr. John Jabbour.

Egypt has put in place hotlines to guide individuals with symptoms of the virus, as well as to provide mental health assistance.

The curfew lasts until April 23, coinciding with the first day of Ramadan.

In a press conference yesterday, Minister of Planning Hala El Said stated that there is a 50 percent chance that measures containing the Covid-19 crisis would last until September of this year.

Since February, the Egyptian state developed three likely scenarios in regards to containing the virus: the first sees a 20 percent chance for it to be contained by June, the second scenario sees a 50 percent chance to end by September, and finally the third scenario sees a 30 percent chance that it will last until the end of December.

Egyptian Police Kill Terrorists Planning Easter Attacks
Egypt Expects COVID-19 Crisis to Continue Until September

Subscribe to our newsletter


News

More in News

Egyptian ‘TikTok’ Star Menna Abdel Aziz Released: Lawyers

Egyptian StreetsSeptember 18, 2020

Egypt Braces for Second Wave of COVID-19 with 4-Part Public Health Plan

Egyptian StreetsSeptember 16, 2020

Sinai Development Projects Target 26 Bedouin Communities to Invest in Human Potential

Egyptian StreetsSeptember 15, 2020

Egyptian TV Presenter Radwa El Sherbiny Under Investigation for ‘Hate Speech’ Against Non-Hijabis

Egyptian StreetsSeptember 14, 2020

Four Ways for the Middle East to Recover Post COVID-19

Eman Magdy KharoshahSeptember 13, 2020

Everything You Need to Know About the Ministry of Education’s New Plan for the Academic Year

Hana SabahSeptember 10, 2020

Squash Coach Faces Trial for Sexually Assaulting 3 Underage Girls: Egypt’s Public Prosecution

Egyptian StreetsSeptember 9, 2020

What Is Happening in Sudan and How Can You Help?

Egyptian StreetsSeptember 9, 2020