News

Two Police Conscripts Killed In Bomb Targeting Egypt Police Bus

Two Police Conscripts Killed In Bomb Targeting Egypt Police Bus

Archive Photo. Credit: AAP
Archive Photo. Credit: AAP

An improvised explosive device (IED) killed two conscripts and injured 25 others on Monday in the Mediterranean coast governorate of Beheira, a security source said.

The IED targeted a bus that was carrying the security personnel, the source told the state news agency MENA.

The injured have been hospitalised.

Bomb experts have combed the area in case there are more explosives.

Militants have stepped up attacks targeting security forces in Egypt, particularly in the Sinai peninsula, since the ouster of Islamist President Mohamed Mursi in July 2013 after mass protests against his rule.

Although militancy in Egypt has largely affected North Sinai, other parts of the country have been hit.

Last week, a bomb went off in the vicinity of a security building in Qalyubia governorate, creating a shock wave that was heard across Greater Cairo.

CARTOON| Egypt's Response to Terror Attacks - Loading...
Egypt Launches First Wi-Fi Connected Train

Subscribe to our newsletter


News
@AswatMasriya_En

Aswat Masriya is a Thomson Reuters Foundation-sponsored website that covers Egypt's transition to democracy. en.aswatmasriya.com

More in News

Tourists Gather to Watch Alignment of the Sun on Ramses II Statue in Aswan

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 22, 2018

Egyptian Female Wins Her Case Against a Harasser in Determination to Fight Sexual Harassment

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 22, 2018

Egypt has ‘Nothing to Hide’: Al-Sisi Comments on the $US 15 Billion Natural Gas Deal with Israel

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 22, 2018

New Zoo Established in Cairo’s International Garden in Attempt to Expand Egypt’s Green Spaces

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 21, 2018

Saudi Women to Own Businesses Without Male Consent Following a Royal Decree Allowing Women to Drive

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 21, 2018

Israel Signs $US 15 Billion Deal to Export Natural Gas to Egypt

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 20, 2018

Egyptian Court Adds Former Presidential Candidate Abdel Monem Aboul Fotouh to Terror List

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 20, 2018

Khaled Ali Resigns from ‘Bread and Liberty’ Party After Sexual Harassment Accusations

Egyptian StreetsFebruary 20, 2018
Egyptian Streets is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Egyptian and Middle Eastern streets, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the region.

© 2017 Egyptian Streets. All Rights Reserved.