International

Qatar Says NO to Arab List of Demands, Announces Readiness for Dialogue

Qatar Says NO to Arab List of Demands, Announces Readiness for Dialogue

Credit: Reuters

Qatar’s Foreign Minister Mohamed Bin Abdel-Rahman Al Thani said on Saturday that Qatar rejects the list of demands made by several other Arab States. However, he announced that Qatar is ready for dialogue.

The response of Qatar came two days prior to the end of the 10 days given to the oil-rich country to comply with the demands.

Egypt, Saudi Arabia, UAE, and Bahrain issued a list of demands in order to mend their relations back with Qatar and end the crisis. The demands included: Cutting back Qatar’s diplomatic ties to Iran, shuttering the Qatari media outlet “Al-Jazeera”, ending the military presence of Turkey in Qatar and ending any military cooperation with it. Also, terminating its relations with terrorist groups and stop supporting and funding them.

The Qatari foreign minister said that Qatar will reject any violation to its sovereignty.

Earlier in June, 10 countries have cut their ties to Qatar over allegations of funding terrorist groups and destabilizing the region, a claim that Qatar repeatedly denied. It also called the accusations “unjustified”.

Kuwait is mediating between the boycotting countries and Qatar to end the crisis.

The UAE went as far as to criminalize any form of sympathy with Qatar, threatening sympathizers with jail terms of up to 15 years and an AED 500 thousand fine.

 

 

Egypt Defeats Puerto Rico in Its First 2017 U19 Basketball World Cup Match
Egypt to Face Negative Consequences If Concerns Over GERD Are Not Met: Shoukry

Subscribe to our newsletter


International

More in International

Sisi at UN: Let Us Recall Values of Nelson Mandela, World Needs to Address Conflict Root Causes

Sara AhmedSeptember 25, 2018

Saudi Women Take Off their Veils in Solidarity with Feminist Tarif Alassiri

Nour EltiganiSeptember 24, 2018

Egypt to Receive 56,000 Tank rounds as Part of $99 Mn Arms Deal with US

Taha Mahmoud SakrSeptember 19, 2018

King of Rock n’Raï Rachid Taha Dies Aged 59

Sara AhmedSeptember 13, 2018

US Orders Closure of Palestine’s Mission in Washington DC

Egyptian StreetsSeptember 11, 2018

Hundreds of Ancient Egyptian Antiquities Feared Destroyed in Brazil Museum Fire

Mirna AbdulaalSeptember 3, 2018

ISIS Leader Al Baghdadi Calls For ‘Jihad’ in New Audio Message

Mirna AbdulaalAugust 23, 2018

Turkish Airlines Will Send Direct Flights to Luxor as of October 2019

Nour EltiganiAugust 20, 2018
Egyptian Streets is an independent, young, and grass roots news media organization aimed at providing readers with an alternate depiction of events that occur on Egyptian and Middle Eastern streets, and to establish an engaging social platform for readers to discover and discuss the various issues that impact the region.

© 2017 Egyptian Streets. All Rights Reserved.